The mParivahan app is a boon for those who travel in their own vehicle from time to time. For those who travel long distances in their own vehicles, keeping documentaries such as Driving License And RC Book can be a big task. If these documents were lost during the trip, it would have been even worse. It is a bit difficult to get a duplicate copy of these documents later. Have we all ever wished that all these documents could be loaded on our mobile phones and shown to the police and motor vehicle department officials ?
The government has now come up with a solution. With the help of mParivahan, a mobile application launched by the government itself, you can view your driving license and the RC book of your vehicle on your mobile phone. We no longer need to keep these documents in our hands. All you have to do is open the mParivahan application on our mobile phone and show to the police or motor vehicle department officials during vehicle checking.
It has been a while since this system came into existence but most people do not use it. Moreover, most police and motor vehicle department officials were reluctant to accept such documents shown on mobile phones. Many complaints have been raised against this. But now the government has decided to include all the documents like driving license, RC book, vehicle insurance, tax receipt and smoke test certificate in the mobile phone through mParivahan APP.
It has come into force all over India. No matter which state you go to, all you have to do is present your documents using the mParivahan App. Currently, mParivahan App has the facility to add driving license and RC book only. So those who forgot to get a driving license need not fear anymore. Those traveling in two-wheelers are reluctant to carry such documents.
How to Add Driving License
The first step is to install the mParivahan mobile application on your smartphone. You can do so by searching for M Parivahan in the Google Play Store and then clicking Install or using the link given below. Download mParivahan App
After installing the app, you can create an account and log in with your mobile number. Once logged in, you will see two options, Create Virtual DL and Create Virtyal RC. Let us first see how the driving license can be connected to the mParivahan App.
- Click on Create virtual DL
- Enter your Driving license number at the feild. (you can find this number from your driving license )
- Then click on the search icon on the side
- Add your date of birth on the screen that appears later
- Once this is done, your driving license will be displayed on the mobile screen
- Now click on Add to dashboard for virtual DL at the bottom.
This is to save your driving license on mParivahan app. Once this is done, you do not need to enter your driving license number every time you use the app. Now if you close the application and open it again, you will be able to see your driving license.
Now let’s see how to add RC Book to mParivahan app
- Click on Create Virtual RC.
- Enter the registration number of your vehicle in the column. Be careful while entering register number. Type Vehicle’s register number without any space between the letters and numbers.
- Another thing to note is that if your vehicle’s register number is KL 13 xx 42 then you need to enter KL13xx0042.
- After entering the registration number, you can view the RC Book of your vehicle by clicking on the search icon on the side.
- Aas you did with the license. Click Add to dashboard for virtual DL at the bottom. You will be asked to enter the last four fields of the vehicle’s chassis number and the engine number. ( you can find these numbers from your RC )
- After entering and verifying it, the RC book of your vehicle will be added to the mParivahan app.
Now when you open the mParivahan app, you will first be able to see the driving license and RC book you have added. If you forgot to carry your RC and driving license with you when you travel, all you have to do is show the mParivahan app.